2015 Marucci CAT 6 and the Elite Limited Review
Marucci is one of the top brands professional players use in the Big Leagues for a reason. Players’ needs inspire every design and style, and the brand’s quality is unimpeachable. The new and improved bats in the 2015 line – the CAT 6 and the Elite Limited – improve on Marucci’s proven technology.
2015 Marucci CAT 6
- AZ3000 is the best metal for aluminum bats currently on the market today. It stands up to heavy hitting with ease, filling a player’s two core requirements in a bat: performance and durability.
- One-piece construction ensures that, even though the bat is metal, it has the same consistency as a traditional wooden bat.
- Ergonomic knob offers superior control over every swing.
- Tapered handle improves balanced feel and offers excellent grip.
- Continued balance through the barrel creates a larger sweet spot for perfect hits.
- The wall thickness is carefully optimized to allow the best swing speeds without compromising durability.
- Ring-free design means your bat’s construction won’t limit the performance of your swing.
- Ant-vibration technology takes the sting out of the swing by absorbing harsh vibrations from contact.
- The bat did so well during its first season professional testers suggested no changes for the 2016 model.
- One-piece construction offers a similar feel and consistency as a traditional bat.
- Ant-vibration technology takes away the sting of contact.
- Massive sweet spot.
- Knob and handle design provide superb balance and control.
- Wall thickness allows for maximum speed with every swing.
- Professional quality bat means it comes with a professional price tag. Not all players can afford this bat.
- Metal bats are not allowed in actual competition in the Big Leagues and some smaller leagues.
Marucci Elite Limited
- Two-piece bat that features seamless design aims to offer the best of both worlds.
- Micro-perforated grip makes for a good hold and optimal control of every swing.
- One of the lightest bats in its class, which means your swing is uninhibited by excess weight, making for a more powerful swing.
- Long barrel makes for an enlarged sweet spot.
- Ring-free design ensures the construction of your bat does not hinder the performance of every contact and reduces vibration.
- Patented technology allows Marucci to combine aluminum and composite materials, making for an incomparably light bat in its class.
- Two-piece design that feels like a one-piece makes the bat a versatile option for players who prefer honest feedback from contact.
- Tremendously large sweet spot.
- Extremely light bat compared to others in its class thanks to patented technology.
- Difficult to find and will soon disappear from the general market because line was discontinued.
- Some players who preferred a two-piece design did not like the features that make the bat more like a one-piece, and one-piece players typically prefer a one-piece bat.