2015 Marucci CAT 6 Junior Big Barrel Bat Review
The predecessor to the Marucci CAT 6 Junior Big Barrel was one of the best aluminum bats you could buy, and previously, that was the CAT5. Marucci has improved their technology and released the CAT 6 which looks to be even more popular. It has been tested in the field by some of the best players in the USA, where it was discovered that a major complaint from young baseball players was the vibration they received in the top hand.
So, Marucci upped their game, and they acquired a new patented anti-vibration technology which eliminates this problem and, in turn, increases their foothold in the Junior market. In fact, the dampening rate on this baseball bat was shown in testing to be 5.6 times higher than competitors baseball bats.
- Maximum Performance can be achieved from the ring free barrel technology
- It has patented anti-vibration technology
- It features an amazing AZ3000 Alloy which provides All Season Durability
- 2 ¾ Inch Barrel Diameter
- -10 Length to Weight Ratio
- Features USSSA BPF 1.15 Certification
- Ideal for players between the ages of 5-8
- Longer barrel which offers a bigger sweet spot
- One-piece alloy baseball bat
2015 Marucci CAT 6 Junior Big Barrel Bat Review: What’s new?
The major advantage has to be the lack of vibration which was a major concern for junior players. The Marucci CAT 6 Junior Big Barrel is pretty much streaked ahead in the game when it comes to vibration elimination, plus the longer barrel and large sweet spot is just right.
Most baseball bats will have some niggles which players feel need ironing out by the manufacturers, so what are the pros and cons of the 2016 Marucci CAT 6 Junior Big Barrel? The anti-vibration technology and the AZ3000 Alloy for all season durability and performance have to be the pros to this bat, the ring free barrel technology offers max performance, and the sweet spot is a delight.
To date, there are only positive results from the Marucci CAT 6 Junior Big Barrel Baseball bat. The improvements made since the CAT 5 shows that the manufacturers listen to their biggest critics, the junior hitters and they have worked hard to put any previously encountered issues right.
The Bottom Line
The overall rating for the bat is an all-around 5/5, for general feel and pop. Durability scores between 4 and 5/5 and vibration receive the same, in general, a huge improvement for players in comparison to its predecessor.
What needs to consider
- Ensuring your bat lasts you for many years to come is important, here are some key tips to ensure your baseball bat stays in tip top condition.
- Keep it undercover in a temperate environment, not too hot, not too cold
- Try to limit your bat to individual use; others may not have the respect for your bat as you do.
- Always use regulation leather covered baseballs
- Don’t hit any water-logged balls
- Try to remember to rotate your bat in a ¼ turn per swing, and it helps prevent one side of your barrel from being worn down.
In A Nutshell
Marucci listened to their supporters, and they wanted less vibration they gave them less – so much so the bat is now way ahead of the competition. The general feel and pop have been well received, and the AZ3000 Alloy is a performance triumph, we can’t wait to see what they come up with next.