2016 DeMarini Voodoo Raw Review
The 2016 DeMarini Voodoo Raw has been an incredibly popular bat for many years, the bat is especially constructed to be one of the best hitters in the industry. The 2 5/8-inch diameter barrel is responsive and its X12 to offer optimal strength and reflex. It has great power potential too with an end loaded swing weight, this has been added to the hitting area so as a player you can hit the pitches with the most force possible. Another addition is the still flex which has been manufactured into the joint to connect the barrel to the handle, it is the perfect combination for big hitters to aim right out of the park.
- 2 5/8-inch barrel diameter
- DeMarini Voodoo Raw is BBCOR certified
- Constructed in a hybrid two piece
- The Low Pro End Cap optimizes the feel, weight and compression
- The incredible X12 alloy barrel offers further strength and flex to the bat
- D-Fusion 2.0 Handle Technology is in play which directs more energy into the ball and offers a reduction in vibration.
2016 DeMarino Voodoo Raw Review: What’s New?
DeMarini Voodoo Raw is a big power hitter, the sound and pop of the bat helps catapult the ball to far flung areas of the pitch. It has a slimmer handle than usual allowing for more control over the bat which is great for players who wish to feel connected to the game play.
The extended barrel design with end loaded swing offers the user more power to get behind the ball. Vibration is reduced with the new D-Fusion 2.0 handle technology, which ensures players aren’t distracted and can concentrate on their game. With the alloy barrel X12 DeMarini Voodoo Raw offers strength and flex like never before and to top it all he RCK knob fits the bottom hand for a perfectly comfortable grip.
In recent reviews it has been mentioned that the handle could be too thin for some, however this doesn’t seem to take away that this is a big hitter with more power than ever before.
How it feels
Scoring for DeMarini Voodoo Raw begins with an impressive overall rating of 5/5, the score for vibration is also sitting at top marks. Durability hits it right out of the park with another hefty score and the pop equals it. The general feel lets it down with a few users, which seems to be down to the handle size and width – but that seems to be personal preference as it doesn’t sweep the board, the bottom line is – nobody can deny that this is one powerful bat.
What needs to consider
An amazing bat overall, the DeMarini Voodoo Raw is easy to both use and maintain. Ensure you find the right size for your height and weight and with the added technology which has been brought into the bat you won’t go far wrong. Here are a few tips to ensure your investment is always in tip top condition.
- Rotate your bat by ¼ turn for every swing you make; your barrel won’t wear down as quickly that way.
- Don’t loan out your bat to everyone – they are expensive and tailored to your own weight and height, others may not have as much luck with it.
- Store in a temperate area
- Try to always use regulation leather balls during practice and game play.
In a Nutshell
DeMarini Voodoo Raw has some of the best overall feedback so far in 2016, the thin handle may not get a thumbs up from all players, but everyone agrees that the ball jumps effortlessly off this bat. The pop is great and the slight end load swing offers big hitters the chance to improve their game play even further.