2016 Easton MAKO BBCOR Review
2016 Easton MAKO Review: What’s new?
In addition to the new HYPERSKIN performance grip, the 2016 Easton MAKO is also approved for little league play. The TCT Thermo Composite Technology that Easton use to construct their bats is the key to their success. With a unique swing speed and sweet spot, the player can feel the contact when the ball hits the bat, ensuring they are fully connected in play.
This unique material is contained in the handle and the barrel and energy transfer can be increased in addition to eliminating unwanted vibration in the bat. This makes it one light swinging weight which is a pleasure for all players to use.
One of the top ranking 2016 swing balanced swing bats.
- Barrel diameter is 2 1/4
- Length to Weight Ratio -11
- The material is composite
- New Hyperskin Performance Grip
- Approved for Play in Little League Baseball
- TCT Thermo Composite Technology
- Ultra Thin 29/32 inch Composite Handle
The 2016 Easton MAKO offers a light swing weight which is perfectly honed, and has a high rating balanced swing rate in the 2016 polls to date. The large barrels ensure peak performance throughout the entire length of the bat and the new HYPERSKIN performance grip allows for exceptional gameplay. Players were unanimous in stating that this bat was the best balanced and had the biggest pop, it totally lived up to the hype.
To be used on baseballs only, this may seem like a lot of money to pay out for a bat, but when you read the reviews and discover how good it really is, this could be money well spent for a long term, regular use high tech baseball bat.
What needs to consider
It goes without saying that this bat should be used on baseballs only due to the composite make up. When you invest in the 2016 Easton MAKO it is important to protect it:
- Keep undercover in a temperate environment, not too hot, not too cold
- Try to limit your bat to individual use
- Always use regulation leather covered baseballs
- Don’t hit any water-logged balls
- Try to remember to rotate your bat in a ¼ turn per swing, it helps prevent one side of your barrel from being worn down.
The Final Say, For Now
The 2016 Easton MAKO is worth the investment, whether you are playing professional baseball or little league or in amateur leagues. If you seek a bat with a light swing weight, good grip and excellent balance and pop this could be the next bat for you.
Read our complete 2016 baseball bat reviews right here.