2016 Easton MAKO XL Review
There is no doubt that Easton create top quality bats. The 2016 Easton MAKO XL is no exception, it is constructed on the identical chassis to the Easton MAKO range and has exceptional performance. In 2016 the game has really increased when it comes to which is the best quality and value for money baseball bat.
The 2016 Easton MAKO XL model offers players more barrel than the standard which is ideal for creating the most perfect end loaded swing weight for maximum distance and power for the user.
Great 2 5/8-barrel diameter !
- Length to weight ratio of -5
- The material used is composite for bat construction
- ConneXtion Technology eliminates any bat vibration and maximizes the energy transfer for players
- It has a full 12 month’s warranty from Easton
- TCT Thermo Composite Technology offers incredible bat speed and a great sweet spot
- Ultra-Thin 29/32 inch handle
- The weight distribution is end loaded
2016 Easton MAKO XL BBCOR Review: What’s new?
There are some great benefits to the player using the Easton MAKO XL. For the bat is quick to break in and has amazing pop on the hit. The weight distribution is good and there is no vibration for the user, the end loading of the weight distribution allows the player to fully connect with the game play.
This is a superb bat for Senior League baseball, with great grip and good weight distribution. The lack of vibration and rattle is a huge benefit allowing the player to bat without distraction. There is more barrel which ensures you have a bat with an ideal end loaded swing weight creating more power and distance.
What it feels
The overall rating was great; the lack of vibration was a key factor in the scoring stakes which was a huge benefit to all players. Durability and hard wearing factor also scored a 10/10 as did the general feel and the pop. Although there were a few minor niggles with the weighting, the bat still scored top on recent reviews. You really can’t ask for much more than that.
What needs to consider
Best baseball bats are expensive, especially if they are high tech like the 2016 Easton MAKO XL. To take care while using you shouldn’t hit anything other than a leather covered baseball. Waterlogged balls and stones put pressure on the composite and will damage your bat over time. Here are a few pointers on how to care for your 2016 Easton MAKO XL.
- Don’t loan your bat out to others – they may not have the same respect for it as you do.
- Use regulation leather covered baseballs – not rubber balls
- Try to avoid water-logged balls
- Rotate your bat in a ¼ turn for each swing, this helps to prevent premature wear of one side of your barrel.
- Store undercover in an area which is not too hot or cold.
The Final Say, For Now
With exceptional reviews it goes without saying that the 2016 Easton MAKO XL is a force to be reckoned with. Exceptional end loaded swing weight, great pop, tight grip and no vibration whatsoever. This bat allows the player to connect fully with the play and with maximum power and distance achievable it looks like the Easton MAKO XL will be top of the stakes for a long time.
Read our complete 2016 baseball bat reviews right here.