2016 Easton Z-Core Hybrid TORQ Review
The 2016 Easton Z-Core Hybrid TORQ is the best tool to elevate your game and light up the scoreboard. It has the reinforced HMX aluminum barrel which extends the sweet spot for a larger pop, as the 360 Torq handle rotates to free your hand and even reach the toughest pitches.
This bat features Z-Core internal core technology which gives more strength, as the SIC carbon handle with Torq TAQ grip produces a superior feel.
- 31/32 inch SIC black carbon handle which removes vibration
- Z-Core internal core technology which gives more pop off the sweet spot
- Innovative 360 Torq handle which frees your hands to get inside faster, sending the ball gap to gap with strength
- HMX Hyperlite Matrix Alloy barrel which offers greater durability and enhanced sweet spot
- It has a balanced barrel design which contains a lower Swing Weight Index for faster swing speed
- New and enhanced Torq TAQ grip which offers a firm, tacky hold
- CXN Zero 2-piece ConneXion Technology which makes the most use of the energy transfer for the enhanced feel which hitters need
- 3 Length to Weight Ratio
- BBCOR certified
Pros and Cons
- It has an extended sweet spot and better durability
- 12-month manufacturer’s warranty
- It produces more strength through a great sweet spot
- The bat keeps the hands of the player inside the ball for greater squared up power
- It has a lower swing weight for quick swing speed
- The bat maximizes energy to offer players an optimized feel
- Players take quite some time getting used to the Torq handle
For a hybrid bat, the 2016 Easton Z-Core Hybrid Torq contains a swing which is very light. However, when put in comparison with 2-piece and hand loaded composite bats in the BBCOR niche, this bat happens to be slightly heavier. Its swing weight amounts as a center of the road swing weight. This results in the bat being around 5% lighter than the Hybrid XL and also 5% heavier than the popular Mako.
The bat is recommended for baseball players who favor a big barreled bat with a reasonable swing weight in composite handle and aluminum barrel combination. Most significantly, the hitter should be contented with a bat which contains a rotating bottom handle.
In general, the 2016 Easton Z-Core Hybrid Torq is certainly a high performance bat with a huge big barrel and collegiate level pop.