2016 Easton Z-Core TORQ Review
The 2016 Easton Z-Core TORQ is the best tool for a player to stay locked in the plate during the season and be able to show off strength. It has the reinforced HMX aluminum barrel which extends the sweet spot for a larger pop, as the 360 Torq handle rotates to free your hand and even reach the toughest pitches.
This bat features Z-Core internal core technology which gives more strength, as the Torq TAQ grip offers a superior feel. Special price offers on this bat HERE.
- Innovative 360 Torq handle which frees your hands to get inside faster, sending the ball gap to gap with strength
- New and enhanced Torq TAQ grip which offers a firm, tacky hold
- HMX Hyperlite Matrix Alloy barrel which offers greater durability and enhanced sweet spot
- Balanced barrel design
- Z-Core internal core technology which gives more pop off the sweet spot
- Ultra-thin 31/32 inch composite rotating handle
- BBCOR certified
- One-Piece, Alloy Construction
- 3 Length to Weight Ratio
Pros and Cons
- It keeps the hands of the player inside the ball for greater squared up power
- The bat maximizes energy to offer players an optimized feel
- 12-month manufacturer’s warranty
- It has an extended sweet spot and better durability
- The bat produces more strength through a great sweet spot
- It has a lower swing weight for quick swing speed
- Too much grip
The 2016 Easton Z-Core TORQ is a hot out of the wrapper bat which has a spinning handle and a relative light swing weight. Therefore, the bat is recommended for High School or Collegiate players who like hot out of the wrapper bats which have balanced swings and players who are also comfortable with a bat which has a rotating bottom handle
The bat being released in BBCOR implies that Easton appreciates that a single piece bat alloy will not be of interest to young players, who happen to favor the smooth feel of composite and hybrid barreled bats.
Generally, if you are a stronger player who favors the direct feedback of a 1-piece bat, and you require something hot out of the wrapper with a rotating bottom handle then this is the best bat to purchase. Other players, who wish to experiment with a rotating handle and are comfortable with a 1-piece bat, might really enjoy the light swing of this piece.