2016 Easton Z-Core XL Review
The 2016 Easton Z-Core XL is fully packed with pop to light up the opposition. It contains the Z-Core XL BBCOR which increases the power in every swing. The bat also features a Revamped HMX aluminum barrel which extends the sweet spot for a larger pop, with greater durability which is created to last.
It has the innovative Z-Core internal core technology which offers extra power, and the higher Swing Weight Index is designed by the end-loaded barrel to offer explosive contact.
- Z-Core internal core technology that offers more pop off the sweet spot
- HMX Hyperlite Matrix Alloy barrel which provides an extra sweet spot and better durability
- Ultra-thin 31/32 inches tapered handle which has Hyperskin grip of 1.2mm
- End-loaded barrel shape which contains a greater swing weight which gives more power
- BBCOR Certified – (Legal for High School & NCAA)
Pros and Cons
- It has a one year manufacturer’s warranty
- Swings very lightly
- Very well balanced
- Incredible pop out of the wrapper
- Wonderful grip with no stinging hands and vibrations
- Contains a larger barrel
- 1-piece alloy giving it a simple design
- Smooth enjoyable aluminum ping
- Heavy enough for player to feel bat through the zone
- It gets dirty fast
- Plain graphics and paint
The 2016 Easton Z-Core XL is an incredible out of the wrapper BBCOR bat which contains the heaviest swing weight that Easton offers. By this, the bat is highly recommended for High School or Collegiate players with strength and those who like hot out of the wrapper bats which swing like a log, and when hit right, can hit the ball very far.
The bat being released in BBCOR means that Easton appreciates that a single piece alloy bat is not preferred by younger players, who happen to desire the smoother feel and lighter swing of composite and hybrid barreled bats.
In general, if you are a stronger player who likes direct feedback of a 1-piece bat, and you require something hot out of the wrapper and you posses the right strength, then the 2016 Easton Z-Core XL is the best tool you can lay your hands on. Also players searching for a training bat may find this one very helpful in their BP time. You will never go wrong with this model.