2016 Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Youth Bat Review
The 2016 Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Youth Baseball Bat is ahead in all stakes of the game. Developed with a 3-piece composite, the Prime 916 offers an incredibly balanced swing weight. It has been upgraded from previous models to include the TRU3 Explosive Power Transfer Technology, great for ensuring a superb performance.
The new technology eliminates sting and creates an awe-inspiring trampoline effect. This bat is hitting reviews out of the park with praise for the pop, the swing weight, and the new camouflage lizard skin grip, if you are thinking of purchasing a new youth bat, this one is worth a look.
Three-piece composite design
- TRU3 Explosive Power Transfer Technology
- New Lizard Skin Grip for ultimate softness
- Fused Carbon Structure Composite Design
- Approved for Play in Little League, Dixie, Pony, AABC, USSSA and Babe Ruth
- It has a 2 ¼ inch barrel diameter
- Also a -12 length to weight ratio
2016 Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Youth Baseball Bat: What’s new?
The 2016 Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Youth Baseball Bat is offering the three things a hitter desires the most. Perfect balance, power and maximum speed. The Fused Carbon Structure composite offers a light swing weight and large sweet spot and the 3-piece construction, and TRU3 Explosive Power Transfer Technology ensures performance is enhanced further, sting is eliminated, and the hitter can achieve a connection to the delivery and gameplay like never before.
Pros have to include the look and feel of the bat, and players love the overall design and that’s just for starters. The ball comes off the bat with a great pop, and the new lizard skin grip gets the thumbs up too. Players are raving about the way the ball jumps off the bat and the trampoline effect, it seems like the new 3-piece composite construction is working well for the 2016 Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Youth baseball bat.
The general feel was the issue which came up most, but each player mentioned that it was just taking slightly more time getting used to the new lizard skin grip and the feel of the new bat. Top marks for pretty much everything else.
The Bottom Line
The Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Youth has been sweeping the board with great reviews so far, praise for the pop, trampoline effect and the lightweight feel and balance have been the main areas to mention. Overall rating for the bat is scoring 9.5/10 with baseball players, parents and coaches, the pop as expected, has top marks too. Durability and Vibration also achieve maximum score with all player’s content with this bat.
What needs to consider
- Most items deteriorate over time, as long as you maintain your baseball bat each time you use it you can ensure that it will be with you for years to come.
When used clean off dirt or other imperfections
- Wash with cloth and mild soap and water to keep your baseball bat in tip top shape.
- Turn your bat ¼ inch each time you use it, and this prevents wear and tear on just one side of the bat.
- Don’t loan it out to other players if you can help it, and they may not have the same respect for the bat as you do
- Always use a regulation leather baseball
In A Nutshell
The 2016 Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Youth is one to beat, and it’s 3-piece composite baseball bat is ahead of the game with most others utilizing the 2-piece. The new TRU3 technology and the trampoline effect it offers to the hitter are going down a storm, and every player just wants the ball to jump off the bat, and this one achieves it. It has the lightest swing weight of the Slugger bats and the largest sweet spot, everything is there to ensure perfect gameplay. We can’t wait to see what they come up with next.