Blue Jays at Angels Fantasy Betting Preview 22 June, 2018
Two third-place teams meet as the Toronto Blue Jays travel to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Both need to hope the pack of teams vying for the second wild card spot comes back to them a bit.
- Marco Estrada (4-6, 4.66 ERA) is the midst of a fine run of form. Over his last three starts, Estrada has thrown 18.1 innings, allowed three runs and struck out 19 batters. However, he just faced this Angels lineup on May 24 and struggled in 4.1 innings of work.
- John Lamb (0-0, 3.60 ERA) will be making just his second big league start of the season. In his first trip to the mound, Lamb allowed just two runs on three hits, a walk and five strikeouts over five innings pitcher against the Oakland Athletics.
Better play: Estrada
Lamb has had a nice season in Triple-A (3.44 ERA, .255 batting average against), but it’s always risky to rely on a fringe starter. Estrada, on the other hand, may not be the most exciting option, but his experience gets him the nod here.
Who should start
- If you haven’t moved Andrelton Simmons out of your DL slots yet, now is the time. The shortstop is due for a bounceback, and he is 6-for-12 all-time against Estrada.
- Yangervis Solarte’s versatility makes him a valued member of any fantasy team. Even better, he is crushing the ball lately, hitting three home runs in the last week.
Who should sit
- Randal Grichuk is one of the few Blue Jays to see Lamb multiple times. Unfortunately, he is 0-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Ian Kinsler is 1-for-10 against Estrada. He has been hitting well lately, but has had a disappointing season overall.
Blue Jays to win, Los Angeles is the better team, but the imbalanced stating matchup gives Toronto the advantage.