Diamondbacks at Pirates Fantasy Betting Preview 22 June, 2018
The Pittsburgh Pirates have been better than expected this season. Meanwhile, the Arizona Diamondbacks have finally gotten their feet under them in June after a rough 8-19 month of May.
- Patrick Corbin (6-3, 3.48 ERA) has been Arizona’s finest starter all season, but he has struggled in his last two outings. Over 11.1 innings, he has allowed 10 runs, 15 hits, five walks and 12 strikeouts.
- Joe Musgrove (2-2, 3.68 ERA) is having a nice first season in Pittsburgh. The 25-year-old had yet to allow more than three earned runs in a start until last time out to the mound, when he gave up six runs on eight hits, a walk and six strikeouts over 4.1 innings.
Better play: Corbin
It’s an even matchup. Despite Corbin’s recent rough spot, the southpaw is guaranteed to rack up strikeouts and throw at least five innings. Musgrove is less of a sure thing.
Who should start
- Starling Marte is the top hitter on the Pirates. He should be especially potent in this game. Marte has four hits in 11 career at-bats against Corbin with two doubles and a walk.
- David Peralta’s bat is on fire lately. He has just three hitless games all month, and he is hitting .298/.354/.552 against right-handed pitchers all season.
Who should sit
- Francisco Cervelli has slowed down since a hot start to the summer. On top of that, the catcher is just 1-for-9 against Corbin in his career.
- Ketel Marte’s ownership percentage has skyrocketed in ESPN leagues, but he has no hits in three of the last five games, and has gone 0-for-4 against Musgrove.
Diamondbacks to win, Arizona’s ace is on the mound. These two sides just faced off last week with the Diamondbacks taking two of three. They are a team on the upswing.