Great Baseball Hitting Drills To Use
Below are a couple hitting drills that I believe are great to practice.
Hitting Wiffle Balls
– Split up with a group of teammates.
– Have a coach underhand throw wiffle balls to a player.
– The coach should throw 20 times to each player.
– Let the other players field the wiffle balls.
– Take turns with all the players until they each have had 20 wiffle balls thrown to them.
This hitting drill will improve hand-eye coordination. It will also help players develop a swing that will be productive during games.
This drill also helps players defensively. Since they have to field the wiffle balls, it will help them with their defensive skills.
Batter Good Eye Drill With Colored Dots
– Get a bucket of 15 baseballs.
– Use a red marker to dot 5 of the baseballs.
– Use a green marker to dot 5 of the baseballs.
– Use a blue marker to dot 5 of the baseballs.
– Have a pitcher randomly take out a baseball and throw it to the hitter.
– Half the time the pitcher needs to call out the correct ball color when throwing the pitch.
– The other half of the time the pitcher needs to call out the incorrect ball color when throwing the pitch.
This hitting drill will help the batter see the ball better when it is being thrown. It helps the batter develop a good eye for certain pitches during live games.
The object is for the hitter to hit the balls when the correct color is called. They should avoid the balls when the incorrect color is called.